Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Its the first annual Batman Day! Go to your local comic book shop, Barnes and Noble or Books A Million to get a free comic and goodies, including a mask, bookmark, cape etc. Don't forget to check our facebook page for giveaways all day. What are you doing today for Batman day?
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
To celebrate the 25th anniversary of both the 1989 film that defined Batman for the modern generation and its video game adaptation, we’re proud to announce our first-ever Batman figure in 7″ scale!
Batman (1989 Video Game Appearance) is the sixth figure in our highly successful line of classic 8-bit video game tributes. Following Michael Keaton’s iconic portrayal as Batman in the movie, the side-scrolling game was released in late 1989 for the super popular 8-bit home console, and is a true ’80s classic.
Batman stands 7″ tall, with over 25 points of articulation for great poses, plus removable cape, Batarang and Spear Gun accessories. The paint deco takes a stylized approach to reproduce the game’s original cel-shaded look.
This limited edition figure comes in special window box packaging with opening flap to re-create the look and feel of the classic 1989 video game packaging.
Release Date: October 2014
We just announced the Mezco 6" line that includes the Dc Universe and begins with these AMAZING Frank Miller Dark Knight Returns articulated Batman figures! Now, we have some more great pics, straight from the fine folks at Mezco.
New York- (July 22nd, 2014)- Mezco Toyz today announced The One:12 Collective, a new line of high end 6" scale collectable figures.
Redesigning the 6" scale figure category by combining posable action figures with real cloth outfitting, in a similar fashion to the 1/6th scale and larger collectables. Mezco's One:12 Collective line will present a multitude of different characters from numerous brands.
Combining superior sculpting with an abundance of articulation, the One:12 Collective figures feature over 32 points of articulation, capable of over 40,000 possible poses: combining form and function to create a remarkably realistic aesthetic. Digitally sculpted by the industry's finest artists and painstakingly engineered by Mezco's production team is a state of the art collectable that holds up to real play.
The costuming is meticulously tailored and uses specially selected materials to create the highest standard of outfitting and drapery at the 6" scale. Fabrication, color, drapery, comparative scale and mobility are all closely considered to bring the finest attire achievable
Every One:12 Collective figure will include a display base as well as a multitude of accessories. These accessories are designed to have a "real world" look to further make the figure seem like it has truly come to life. These accessories, also precisely crafted, range from changeable parts to character specific weapons, equipment and props.
Currently planned for the One:12 Collective are characters from The DC Universe, Judge Dredd, Classic Universal Monsters, and some other surprises to be announced in the future.
Mezco President, Mez Markowitz declared "We are all very excited with the One:12 Collective line. I think we are offering a fantastic product that both satisfies the customers desire for articulation as well as the ability to hide it all in a extremely realistic way. Another great aspect to the line is that we are striving to present high quality product that is in line with 1/6th scale (12" figure) collectables while taking up far less display space and at a much more reasonable price point. Our Dark Knight Returns Batman figure is really a fantastic piece and we cannot wait to show what is up next. Mezco plans on releasing several items a year from this line and it is a long term initiative for our team, really a dream come true for all of us here."
The One:12 Collective "The Dark Knight Returns" Batman figure is set to be publicly revealed at San Diego Comic Con at Mezco booth # 3445 and shipping to customers in Fall 2014.
Monday, July 21, 2014
Thursday, July 17, 2014
The bags are back! Comic-Con 2014 attendees hoping for a colorful and commemorative keepsake bag to hold their best swag are once again in luck. For the fifth year running, Warner Bros. Entertainment and Comic-Con have teamed up to produce and distribute the official bag of Comic-Con, which will be distributed to fans when checking it at the Con. The highly coveted bag, which can also be worn conveniently as a backpack, has been called a “must-have” by Variety and Comic-Con’s “ubiquitous accessory” by Entertainment Weekly. More than 130,000 of the bags have been produced and will be provided to Comic-Con attendees throughout the convention.The all-new 2014 edition again features backpack styling and features 13 different designs.
Designed by Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing, each bag features double-sided artwork, with the all-new Comic-Con 2014 official design on one side and the other side highlighting titles from the Studio’s TV series and the 75th anniversary of Batman.Current Warner Bros. Television and Warner Bros. Animation series featured on the SDCC bags are Arrow, Constantine, The Flash, The Following, Gotham, iZOMBIE, Mike Tyson Mysteries, The Originals, Supernatural, Teen Titans Go! and The Vampire Diaries.And two of the bags will feature DC Comics’ legendary caped crusader: one design will celebrate the 75th anniversary celebration of Batman, and another will highlight the classic and iconic Batman TV series from 1966.
The Key to Comic-Con?
Batman: The Complete Television Series coming November 11, 2014
Pre-orders now available
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will release “Batman: The Complete Television Series” on Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital HD on November 11, 2014.
The most anticipated home entertainment release in fanboy history will be featured on thousands of hotel key cards at Comic-Con International in San Diego next week. Spread across more than 40 hotels in the greater San Diego area, the key cards feature images of Batman, Robin, the iconic series logo, and the November 11 street date. Pre-orders are now available at your favorite online retailer.
“Batman” stars Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar will discuss the landmark home entertainment release at a special Comic-Con panel in Hall H on Thursday, July 24 from 6:00-7:00pm. Moderated by Ralph Garman, the panel will give fans an inside sneak peek at dazzling HD remastered footage from the landmark series, as well as an advance look at the limited edition box set and reveals of the exclusive bonus content.
Monday, July 14, 2014
Introducing Burt Ward, Boy Wonder!
This fall is going to be EPIC for fans of the classic Batman series. For the first time ever, the complete 1966 Batman TV series will be released on DVD and Blu-ray, and collectors can also pick up our brand new 1/4 scale rendition of Burt Ward as Robin! The long-awaited companion piece to last year’s #1 selling Adam West Batman figure will arrive in November, so get ready!
For close to 50 years the Batman TV show has delighted audiences, and we could not be prouder or more excited to have created this 17″ tall action figure of the Boy Wonder featuring Burt Ward’s likeness.
· –Detailed sculpt with Burt Ward’s likeness
· –Fabric cape
· –6 interchangeable hands
· –Comes with Batarang, communicator and more
· –Stands 17″ tall
· –Super poseable
· **LIMITED TO ONE PRODUCTION RUN ONLY**
For more details, visit the product page: Batman (1966 TV Series) – 1/4 Scale Action Figure – Burt Ward as Robin
Coming in November!
Robin will arrive just in time for the hot-anticipated DVD release of the classic TV series! But he’ll be making appearances before then — be sure to visit us at San Diego Comic-Con (booth 3145), where the 1/4 scale Boy Wonder will be on display.
Friday, July 11, 2014
We have a pic of Harley so far...also in the wave will be Croc, Creeper and Robin. No details as to which versions. Stay tuned!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
THE EPIC PARTNERSHIP CONTINUES!
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION AND TV GUIDE MAGAZINE JOIN FORCES
ONCE AGAIN ON A SPECIAL COMIC-CON® EDITION OF THE
MAGAZINE SHOWCASING THE STUDIO’S PROGRAMMING
The 2014 Edition Features Four Sets of Collectible Flip Covers, Including Arrow’s
Stephen Amell; The Flash’s Grant Gustin; The Following’s Kevin Bacon and
James Purefoy; Supernatural’s Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles;
The Vampire Diaries’ Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder;
Constantine’s Matt Ryan; a Celebration of Batman’s 75th Anniversary; and Gotham
Available at the Warner Bros. Booth at Comic-Con, or on
Newsstands and Digital Platforms Beginning July 22
Twitter Pitch: Dynamic duo @warnerbrostv and @TVGuideMagazine join forces once again for a @Comic_Con 2014 special issue: http://bit.ly/1qPajo9 #WBSDCC
BURBANK, Calif. (July 11, 2014) — Super friends Warner Bros. Television (WBTV) and TV Guide Magazine have joined forces for the fifth year in a row, teaming up on a special Warner Bros.–themed Comic-Con special edition of the magazine, taking fans behind the scenes of their favorite series and offering up four sets of collectible “flip” covers featuring Arrow star Stephen Amell; The Flash star Grant Gustin; The Following stars Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy; Supernatural stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles; The Vampire Diaries stars Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder; Constantine star Matt Ryan; a celebration of the 75th anniversary of Batman; and Gotham.
· Get it at the Warner Bros. Booth at Comic-Con: Warner Bros. will distribute the TV Guide Magazine special issue to fans for free at the Warner Bros. booth — #4545 on the convention floor — throughout Comic-Con, beginning on Preview Night, Wednesday, July 23, and continuing through Sunday, July 27.
· Newsstand and Digital Platforms: For those unable to attend Comic-Con in person, all four sets of collectible flip covers will be on sale from July 22 at newsstands nationwide. The special issue will also be available on major digital platforms, including Nook, Kindle Fire, Zinio and Google.
Fans combing through the 88-page special issue will find features and photos dedicated to the following programs:
· Returning Comic-Con favorites The 100, Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, The Following, The Originals, Person of Interest, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries and Childrens Hospital
· Previews of WBTV’s highly anticipated new origin series Gotham, from Bruno Heller (The Mentalist), starring Ben McKenzie (Southland), Donal Logue (Vikings) and Jada Pinkett Smith (The Matrix films); The Flash, from Arrow executive producers Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg, and director David Nutter; Constantine, from executive producers Daniel Cerone (Dexter) and David S. Goyer (The Dark Knight films); and iZOMBIE from executive producers Rob Thomas and Diane Ruggiero-Wright.
· A colorfully out-of-the-lines look at Warner Bros. Animation’s hit series Teen Titans Go! and The Tom and Jerry Show, as well as a sneak peek at upcoming DC Nation shorts as well as new series Mike Tyson Mysteries, Be Cool Scooby-Doo! and Wabbit – A Looney Tunes Production
And that’s not all, folks. There’s more, including:
· An exclusive DC Entertainment comic, “60 Seconds in the Life of Barry Allen” (aka The Flash), written by The Flash writers Geoff Johns, Andrew Kreisberg and Greg Berlanti
· A sneak peek inside the upcoming DC Universe Original Animated Movie Batman: Assault on Arkham from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment
· A look at 75 years of Bat-Mania in honor of the Caped Crusader’s 75th anniversary, in addition to a DC Comics preview of Dick Grayson’s (aka Robin) new spy series, Grayson
· Behind-the-scenes photos from the TV Guide Magazine yacht and photo booth at Comic-Con 2013
· All the scoop on the stories behind Oliver Queen’s scars on Arrow; a one-on-one interview with The Big Bang Theory’s Kunal Nayyar; the lethal stats on Joe Carroll’s killer minions from The Following; and more
· Burning questions answered about fans’ favorite shows, including The 100, Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, The Following, The Originals, Person of Interest, Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries
· And so much more…!
For additional information about Warner Bros. Television’s activities at Comic-Con, please follow @warnerbrostv on Twitter and join in the conversation by using hashtag #WBSDCC, or visit http://comiccon.thewb.com. Follow TV Guide Magazine on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TVGuideMagazine and on Twitter at @TVGuideMagazine, hashtag #TVGMYacht.